Home prices are on the rise, and inventories are very low. That makes now a great time to get your house in great condition to command a good price.
Get more money to put toward your next home purchase. Implement these tips to get your home ready to sell quickly at a great price and be ready to find your next place.
1. Make sure you have great curb appeal. Mow your lawn, weed your garden, and clean it up. Do any minor repairs that you can that affect the approach to your home. Do the same out back. A poor first impression will make buyers more critical on the inside, looking for flaws.
2. De-clutter the inside of your home. Less clutter and neatness signal good care and give the impression of more space. Consider renting a storage unit to store some furnishings and seldom used items to free up space.
3. Make a list of things that bother you about the house, and look for creative ways to fix them inexpensively.
4. Start doing your homework on home values, and consult an experienced realtor for advice. In a low-inventory market, the right home at the right price can sell quickly at a good price. While the realtor is not an interior designer, a good one will know the basics and which glaring problems will cost you in getting the selling price you want.
5. Work out a budget you can invest in repairs and maintenance. Things like painting in a neutral color are relatively inexpensive, especially when you do-it-yourself, and make the space look brighter, cleaner, and more appealing to a wider range of buyers.
6. Have an interior designer do a staging consultation. Depending on your budget, there are designers that will do a walk around consultation and provide a list of suggestions for inside and out. Many will be low cost/no cost, such as rearranging furniture, painting, adding pillows, and re-purposing accessories and wall décor into different places. Look for one that will help you prioritize your list and get the most return from your money.
7. Don’t take any of the staging or cleaning ideas personally. Your home has taken on your taste and is a reflection of you. However, to sell well, it needs to have broad appeal. Not every buyer will have your imagination or design aesthetic.
8. Get pre-qualified for a new mortgage. Most people’s credit and income improves over time, so you are likely to be able to afford more now. Plus, you’ll learn how much you need to make for your down payment to move into the type of home you prefer.
9. Call Mike and Erica when you are ready to move up!
Selling your home is tiring and emotional. It’s also hard work, keeping your home spotless each day for prospective buyers. Dealing with the ups and downs of your mixed feelings can be much easier if you sell quickly at the right price for your needs. Do your homework, make the right improvements that deliver return, and get ready to move to your next home.
Do you need to know the money that you’ll net from your current home to know your buying power for your next home? Call Us and we’ll help you get a clear picture of what to expect at 208.284.9905. Visit boiserelocation.com to learn more!